Do not work at Avalon English in Idong, Pohang.
Director Nam Seong Eun or Linda
There are many reasons not to work for this academy, inclduing:
1. The director doesn't pay on time, pay severance or pension ( she only pays when she's forced to by the labor board, so if you leave Korea after your contract, you don't get it.)
2. The director doesn't provide adequate housing. Often she doesn't pay rent and foreign teachers are evicted every three months. She also doesn't provide any housing supplies as stated in the contract.
3. The director does not give allocated vacation days.
4. The director often uses racial slurs and swear words ( in English and Korean) and often screams at the foreign staff.
5. The director's family are rumoured to be criminals and the police have been called to the academy to resolve violent arguments.
6. The director also harrasses and stalks former employees.
Please do not review this article, review the franchise on the link below: