How to Enter South Korea

Arrival card South Korea Foreigners who would like to enter South Korea must have a valid passport and visa (Sailors need to show their seaman's identification certificate) plus they need to complete and submit on arrival card at immigration.

For those with an alien registration card, submission of an arrival card is not necessary.

Information valid from December 2010

How to use the Enhanced Automatic Immigration Inspection system

Enhanced Automatic Immigration Inspection systemThe Automatic Immigration Inspection System (EAIIS)is a self clearence system for foreign citizens who have gone through the fingerprinting registration process in Korea.

The EAIIS is availble for those who:

  1. Have lived in Korea for more than three years since getting a permanent Residency (F-5) visa.
  2. Carry a Corporate Investment (D-8) visa and have lived here in Korea for more than one year, or have invested more than USD 2,000,000 dollas in Korea.

Where to register for the EAIIS:

Registration Center at the Incheon International Airport Immigration Office, Phone: (032)740-7400-1 (next to the check-in counters in section F, 3rd floor of Incheon int'l Airport).

Hours: 07:00-19:00 (open daily)

Those eligible for the EAIIS can use both common immigration counters and the automatic counters.

Online Visa Application System for Professionals

HuNet KoreaThose who are in advanced industries and those who are researchers, English-speaking teachers and other professionals can apply for a work visa from the comfort of their homes 24/7 instead of going to the local Korean consulate.

To apply online, you must sign up to the HuNet Korean System contact Center 1345

A scanned image of a valid passport is required.

Futher information can be found:

HuNet Korea

Hi Korea Online Stay Extension Service

Hi Korea, e-Government for ForeignersHi Korea is the portal site that provides useful information in four languages (English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean).

Foreign citizens can apply for stay extensions, re-entries and other governmental services through the Hi Korea website.

To use Hi Korea's online services, register online for free.

Futher information can be found:

Hi Korea, e-Government for Foreigners