Forum Rules

General Posting Guidelines

Think first before posting, think of the the way you phase your question especially when asking for help. Here are some general guidelines.


Please use SEARCH first! Tab top of forum.

There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It is easy to search – just click the “Search” tab at the top of the forum page.


Be DESCRIPTIVE and Do not use stupid topic names

Post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT. (Don’t use attention getting subjects. They do not get attention and only annoy people).

Here’s a great list of topic subjects YOU SHOULD NOT POST :

I have a question can you help me?

Generally ANYTHING similar to those is unacceptable. Just post your problem.

Here is a good example of a way to post a question

How can I explain to my child the reason they need to go to school?

Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor

Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and not snapping at people with garbage such as “if you are not going to help do not waste my time replying”.


Forum Rules


No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums

These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.

Note: We need to see 10 posts from new users before links are allowed.


DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers

Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.


Do not post copyright-infringing material

Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.

Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images

Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting. This is a forum for education related questions..


Do not cross post questions

Please refrain from posting the same question in several sections. There is normally one section which is most suitable in which to post your question.


Do not PM users asking for help

Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.


Remain respectful of other members at all times

All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.

However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.


General Forum Questions Am I allowed more than one account?

No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at on ESlwatch forum. If you are banned from the forum, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.


What happens if I break a rule?

If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent.

The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.


What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?

Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin. Where can I find out who is in charge?

The Forum Moderators are displayed in Forum.


Becoming a moderator

All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 100 posts. You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums. You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.

Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.

Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.


Moderator Policy

In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:

  • > A forum regular have been at the forum for over 3 months
  • > have a positive presence on ESLwatch Forum
  • > be proactive
  • > knowledgeable in the section they would like to moderate.
  • > polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
  • > visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
  • > take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
  • > help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.

Read our Knowledge base

Open Panel

Search ESLwatch

Log in Register

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Ask a question in the forum and we will do our best to Answer it.

Please read Forum Rules first (open panel) top of site.

file I have heard about part-time childcare program, can you help?

  • ESLwatch
  • ESLwatch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Administrator for the site
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1399 by ESLwatch
I have heard through a colleague that their is a part-time childcare program, is this true?

From June 22, 2008 a worker can apply for shorter working hours program for childcare. From the same date, paternity leave is allowed to male employees who become a father. Also, workers can divide up the use of the one year period of childcare leave at least once. The following is a summary of the systems based on a press release of the Ministry of labor.

The Ministry of Labor recently announced that newly amended enforcement decree of the “Equal Employment Act” reflecting the above changes passed the cabinet meeting on May 27 and will be effective from June 22.

Shorter Working Hours Program for Childcare (Part-time Childcare Leave)

The existing childcare leave has not been widely adopted by companies as it had problems such as reduced income and discontinued career for workers and burden of cost to hire replacement workers during the leave for employers. The government introduced the new “shorter working hours program” or “part-time childcare leave” to tackle these problems.

The eligibility for and period of the program are the same as those for the existing childcare leave. A worker should have an infant aged three years or below and the total period of the program cannot exceed 1 year.

A worker who wants to use the program should submit an application with the name of the infant and the period of shortened working hours to the employer 30 days prior to the requested starting date of the program. If an employer does not accept the application, he/she should notify the worker of the reason in writing and have a consultation with the worker to find other options including full-time childcare leave.

When the program starts, the shortened working hours per week should be 15 hours or more and should not exceed 30 hours. An employer, in principle, cannot request a worker to work overtime during the part-time childcare. An exception is when a worker explicitly requests overtime work. In that case, a weekly overtime should not exceed 12 hours. An employer should not worsen working conditions of a worker who is under the part-time childcare leave just because of the fact that the worker is on childcare leave.

A negligence fine up to 5 million Won will be imposed to an employer for the following;

Failure to give a written notification to a worker about the reasons not to allow part-time childcare leave
Failure to have a consultation with a worker about options other than part-time childcare leave such as full-time childcare leave or others

The government will provide a subsidy for childcare (200,000 Won each month) and replacement employment (200,000 to 300,000 Won each month) to an employer who introduces part-time childcare leave to promote the program.

Divided Use of Childcare Leave

Under the previous system, a worker who already took childcare leave was not able to use childcare leave again for the same child.

Under the new system, a worker can divide both full-time and part-time childcare leave at least once or use the two systems alternately at least once. The possible combinations of full-time and part-time childcare leave as allowed by the law are as follows. No matter which method is used, the total period of childcare leave cannot exceed one year.

Full-time childcare leave used once
Part-time childcare leave used once
Divide the use of full-time childcare leave once
Divide the use of part-time childcare leave once
Full-time and part-time childcare leaves respectively once

Accordingly, a worker who already took childcare leave of less than one year before June 22 can apply for full-time or part-time childcare leave for the same child once more from June 22 as long as he/she has remaining period of childcare leave.

For example, a worker with a child born in January 1, 2008 can take a 5 months’ childcare leave from June 1, 2009 until October 31, 2009 and then later can take a 7 months’ childcare leave from March 1, 2010 until September 31, 2010.

Paternity Leave

The government introduced paternity leave as a mandatory system as an increasing number of male spouses need childcare leave with the spread of small families and also in consideration of the fact that many companies are allowing voluntary paternity leave through collective agreements or the rules of employment.

An employer should allow three days of paternity leave upon request from a worker whose spouse had a baby. The leave can be requested within 30 days from the birth of the child. A negligence fine of up to 5 million won will be imposed to an employer who does not allow paternity leave.

Applying for childcare leave through Employment Insurance, can you help?

Review your school, college, university, recruiter company, individual or online website.
Review your institute: Start here
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by ESLwatch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: mocrislaurab
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Adding Your institution is Easy as 1-2-3

Simply add your institution, the form only takes a few minutes.

Register yourself on the website confirm that you are a human. Wait for confirmation via email.

Once you login to the website you can then review your chosen institution.

Recently Added

Guangzhou Saintshine Education Service Co. Ltd. is a recruiter located in Guangzhou, China. Address: Tianhe District, Guangzhou, 510000, China. Website: Guangzhou...
St. Stephen’s International School has a couple of international schools located in Thailand. Address: Bangkok campus - 998 Viphavadi Rangsit Road,...
Marie Witthaya School is a private school located in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. Address: 386 Mukkamontri Rd, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe...
Moxon English is an online website located in London, United Kingdom. Address: London, United Kingdom. Website: Moxon English...
OTeacher (O-Teacher) is an online website located in Tehran, Iran. Address: Tehran, Iran. Website: OTeacher (O-Teacher)...
Panda ABC is an online website located in Zhejiang, China. Address: Floor 3, Tongren Square, Xihu District, Hangzhou City, 310000,...
Likeshuo is an online website located in Shenzhen, China. Address: Shenzhen, China. Website: Likeshuo...

Connect With Us Today

We believe it’s important to stay closely connected with the great individuals and organizations in the ESL/EFL industry, and what better way than through social media? We’re constantly posting updates online and participating in the buzz.

Please consider connecting with us on the following social media websites to stay up-to-date and connected!


Select a Country

Have you added your Institution!

Add your institution for review!

Thank for using ESLwatch, just one more thing before you go. Have you added your institution for review?

Does not matter if it is a school, college, university, recruiter, company, individual or online website that you have had dealings with in the past or present. The review form only takes a few minutes and you do not have to review the institution yourself.


Add Your Institution for Review